10 steps to recover data from damaged MacBook Pro
It is very obvious that Apple makes the best laptops in the world. Damaged MacBook data recovery is the most common searched term for MacBook pro 2020, only to reach the tips and tricks that are useless and are very difficult for application. With this guide, we will try to cover everything there is to know about MacBook repair in Dubai to help MacBook water damaged users with ease.
Methods to Recover Data from a MacBook Pro Hard Drive
It is not the point whether you have an older MacBook Pro 2020, after going through this guide, you’ll learn simple steps to recover your lost data.
Way 1: MacBook data recovery in Recovery Mode
Recovery Mode in MacBook pro 2020 gives ease and convenience to a lot of recovery tools. One such software is the Apple approved Time Machine. If you have this software installed on your MacBook Pro 2020 then you can just launch the software in recovery mode and you can literally go back in time to recover your lost files.
Steps to recover data in MacBook Pro 2020 with Time Machine:
- Enter the Recovery mode by restarting your MacBook and holding down the “Command+R” until you see an Apple logo or spinning globe.
- Click Restore from Time Machine Backup option and then Continue.
- Choose the disk that contains your Time Machine backup and Continue.
- Select the Time Machine backup you want to restore and click Continue to begin the restore.
Way 2: MacBook data recovery without Backup
You must already be aware of the fact that there are various data recovery software available for MacBook pro 2020, and they all efficient enough to recover the data. But in case you are unable to use them as your MacBook that is water damaged is unable to load properly and you don’t have a backup?
In such scenario, what you can do is recover the lost data using a bootable Mac data recovery software such as Disk Drill, which helps creating a USB boot drive for making the recovery easy on any working MacBook pro 2020.
The guide on how bootable recovery works in the latest version of Disk Drill (version 4):
- Click the Apple logo at the top left of the screen.
- Select Restart.
- Press and hold “Command+R” as soon as you see an Apple logo to load your MacBook in Recovery Mode. Pressing and holding down “Option+Command+R” will let you use recovery over the internet.
- Select Utilities and launch the Terminal application.
- Enter this command: sh <(curl http://www.cleverfiles.com/bootmode/boot.xml
- Let Disk Drill to be downloaded and installed.
- Select the storage drive you want to recover and let the software scan.
- Disk Drill will now scan the drive.
- Press Recover to restore your files to a safe location
Way 3: MacBook data recovery Using Target Disk Mode
All MacBook are not easy to repair and service. Luckily, Apple has a way to fix this, and it’s known as Target Disk Mode. All you need to do is install Target Disk Mode and it can convert your MacBook into an external storage device that you can have full access from any other MacBook using Thunderbolt or FireWire.
Steps to retrieve your data using Target Disk Mode:
- Connect your MacBook with another MacBook using a FireWire or Thunderbolt cable.
- Shut down your MacBook and switch on while pressing and holding the T key. You can also activate Target Disk Mode by going to Apple menu- System Preferences- Startup Disk -Target Disk Mode.
- Download, install, and launch Disk Drill on the working MacBook and recover your data
Way 4: MacBook data recovery Using Time Machine
Time Machine software is used by many MacBook pro 2020 users around the globe. If you already do, you’re in luck because Time Machine makes restoring lost or accidentally deleted data an achievable goal. The cherry on the cake is that you can choose specifically which files you want to get back, so there’s no tension to restore all the data just the ones you require or want to.
Steps to restore your data using Time Machine:
- Connect your Time Machine backup disk to your MacBook.
- Open the folder that contained the deleted data.
- Click the Time Machine icon located in the Menu Bar and choose Enter Time Machine.
- Locate the data you want to recover using the timeline on the right edge of the screen.
- Click Restore to restore the selected files.
Way 5: MacBook data recovery from Cloud Storage Services
There are several ways of taking a backup of important data on a MacBook. Many users prefer cloud storage services like Dropbox and Google Drive. To recover your data from such services is very easy and simple as all you need to do is log in to your cloud storage account from any computer and download your data with ease.
Many users create byte-to-byte disk images (DMG) using the backup feature included in Disk Drill or specific backup software like Acronis True Image, and Carbon Copy Cloner. To recover your data from a backup image, just locate it and double-click the DMG file to open it and mount it to your MacBook.
If that doesn’t work, you can attach the non-mountable disk image with the help of Disk Drill:
- Launch Disk Drill.
- Select the “Storage devices” option from the left panel and click “Attach disk image”.
- Select the backup image and click Attach.
- Recover your data
Ways to Restore Data from Crashed/Dead MacBook Pro Hard Drive
If you visit Apple’s official website, you will find many threads created by MacBook Pro 2020 users who have faced a similar situation of data loss or MacBook water damaged event resulting in a sudden hard drive failure. In many of these cases, data recovery is still possible, but it requires special hard drive recovery software or even the help of data recovery professionals.
Way 1: Using Data Recovery Software
Some data recovery software like Disk Drill is capable of detecting and re-model a lost MacBook partition and recover files.
Steps to recover your data using Disk Drill:
- Install Disk Drill on your MacBook Pro.
- Launch Disk Drill and click the Search for lost data button next to the hard drive on which they were stored. Disk Drill will automatically choose the most appropriate recovery method and attempt to fix common issues.
- Wait until scanning the drive is finished.
- Select the files you want to recover.
- Click Recover.
Way 2: Data Recovery Service
The very powerful data recovery software like Disk Drill can do wonder, there are some damaged MacBook data recovery scenarios that can be taken care of by MacBook repair Dubai.
For instance, if you have a MacBook Pro 2020 whose hard drive has suffered a mechanical failure and is no longer spinning, or you have a MacBook water damaged you won’t be able to recover any data from it without repairing, which requires a clean atmosphere, the necessary tools, and a lot of experience.
Tips for Better MacBook Pro 2020 Data Recovery
1. Always create a Backup
Backups make it super easy to recover accidentally deleted or lost data. Depending on your requirements, you can either backup your entire MacBook Pro hard drive or just the files and folders you find important. As a MacBook user, you already have an excellent backup solution installed on your system—Time Machine. However, you can also explore other backup options, such as Disk Drill.
2. Never Defragment before recovering your data
Defragmentation is not the solution to recover lost files. The reason is because files are moved during defragmentation and organized into the smallest number of contiguous regions, overwriting the space occupied by the very same files you’re trying to recover.
3. Don’t write New Data over Lost Data
Deleted files are recoverable until they are overwritten by new data. To prevent this from occurring, don’t write any new data to the place containing lost data until you finish their recovery.
4. Don not use Your MacBook Pro
It is recommended that you should not use your MacBook Pro 2020 at all until you’re ready to begin the data recovery process. If you don’t already have a data recovery software application like Disk Drill installed on your MacBook Pro, always remove your machine’s hard drive so that you can connect it to another Mac.
Although MacBook Pro is considered to be the most relaiable laptop in the world, most MacBook Pro users have at some point of time experienced data loss issue. The good news is that losing an important file on a MacBook Pro isn’t the end of the world because you can easily recover it using this guide.